I haven’t done a true round up post here yet, I’ve been waiting for the right time. I usually like to mention specific sites or posts in my own articles to highlight great resources and make them as relevant as possible for you. This week however I’ve decided, is the perfect time to do more of a general round up post.
There are three very good reasons for doing this, the first is because we are very close to Christmas, which for me (and hopefully you), means some time off work. I plan to be extremely lazy, eat huge amounts of food and generally lounge around reading. If you are planning similar activities, then this might just be a great way to kick things off.
The second is because I want to thank some of the people that have been great contributors to Money Cactus, either by posting comments here or by interacting with me in other ways. There have also been some great posts about the place lately that I have really enjoyed reading and hope you will too.
The last reason is because I have a guest post on Feelgooder this week, which hopefully means a few new visitors. So I figured that I would take the opportunity to share some great content with as many people as possible. If you haven’t read the post at Feelgooder, then you can find it here. If you have and you are visiting for the first time, then welcome.
The Almost Top Ten
Although I read a lot of great stuff online, I’m going to try and keep this round up relevant to my post about wealth creation and doing what you love. I have some favourite high profile bloggers that help me achieve this and I have already mentioned a few of them in my post about doing what you love. If you aren’t already subscribing to these guys, then I think you are missing out!
Aside from the bigger guys, there are a lot of smaller people that do a fantastic job of inspiring me, so this post is for them. You may or may not have heard of them, but in my opinion they are doing great things! So here are almost ten great posts to kick off the holidays:
- Jessica at Momvesting is a top contributor here at Money Cactus and has a great post about working from home which includes some helpful ways to get started. Jessica has a bunch of other fantastic posts on the site and puts together a round up post like no one I know, take some time and check them out.
- Budgets Are Sexy probably doesn’t need any link love from me, but I’m giving it anyway because J. Money recently wrote an inspiring post about getting fired and what he is going to do about it. This post has had a huge response and I know that this change is going to propel him to bigger and better things.
- Retire by 40 is running a feel good competition at the moment to give $50 to charity, which I though was very appropriate. It’s not a lot of money, but it doesn’t need to be if more people do it. This post also contains a list of other great examples of charity, so if you are in the mood to give and like to idea of doing it with someone else’s money, then head over for a look.
- Jim Randal at The Skinny On produces great content every week with fun illustrations to boot. He also thanks people personally on Twitter for leaving comments! Jim has a fantastic series of books covering a myriad of topics that are to the point and easy to digest, I suggest you go take a look.
- Miranda at Personal Dividends does a fantastic job of running the Carnival of Wealth, which I love because it is all about what I am about! If you have some time, scan through some of the past carnivals to find great wealth creation content.
- Since my Feelgooder post was about improving your work wealth, I thought that a link to Workawesome would be appropriate. This is a great resource for people looking to make a change or just wanting to be more awesome at what they do! They aren’t exatly ‘small players’ but their latest round up is packed full of helpfulness that I hope you will enjoy and it conveniently includes some of my other favourite sites too.
- Jeff at Before You Invest is a great person to interact with on twitter and has recently written a post on how to start an Ebay business. If you are looking for a Christmas project, want to de-clutter and make some money at the same time, then this could be right up your alley.
- I love blogging, it can be a great way to create wealth or share your wealth knowledge with others. The Blog Tyrant has stormed onto the blogging scene of late with some great guest posts at various high profile sites and has created an awesome community of readers. If you are a blogger, then it is well worth checking out the great content on this blog. If you have a question, then ask the Tyrant, you always get a response!
- I mentioned Tim Ferriss in my post Feelgooder post, but I’m going to mention him again. There is a good chance that you have seen or heard from Tim lately as he is seriously hooked up on the blogging scene and has been very busy marketing his new book, The 4 Hour Body. Remember that wealth is more than just money, it is about being who you want to be. Personally I want to be happy and healthy and this book looks amazing! It’s at the top of my Christmas present list and I can’t wait to read it!
There are a stack of other blogs related to personal finance and lifestyle that are always worth reading and I could go on, but I wanted to keep this list to a select few that have really been helping me out lately in one way or another. What I would like to do now is ask you to share some of your favourites here so that everyone can benefit and enjoy some great Christmas reading.
What are your ‘must reads’ and sites that you just have to visit?
Image by aeter